Trade and Regulatory Compliance
The Firm regularly advises and assists its domestic and international clients in understanding, implementing and complying with a wide range of national and state legislations as well as sector-specific regulations and guidelines in the spheres of environmental law, product compliance and safety regulations (including packaging standards, labels and safety standards), consumer law compliance, telecommunications, media & technology, advertising regulations/co-regulation, data protection and privacy etc. The Firm provides bespoke advice on complex legal and regulatory issues, at all stages of the regulatory process. Given the dynamic and complex regulatory environment today, there is a need for businesses to understand and comply with their regulatory responsibilities, and accordingly mitigate potential risks and decrease costs associated with non-compliance of regulations. Since the regulatory framework across sectors is constantly changing, the Firm has developed a unique expertise in providing the following services benefiting its Indian and international clients:
- • Customised advise on regulatory and liability issues that could affect business operations and securing necessary clearances.
- • Pre-emptive legal advice for ensuring conformity with regulatory requirements, and accordingly slash costs associated with non-compliance of regulations.
- • Active involvement in assessment of regulatory compliance framework.
- • Guidance towards anticipating changes in the future compliance regimes and provide preventative advice.
- • Solutions and advise pertaining to regulatory/government queries, clarifications, show-cause notices issued to businesses.
Professionals in the team understand the business requirements of each such sector and adopt a cross-disciplinary approach to provide innovative solutions in relation to compliance challenges. The Firm regularly advises and provides effective solutions to clients in the consumer electronics, technology, intermediaries, e-commerce, online value-added services sectors, etc.
The team understands the unique requirement of its clients and provides innovative solutions enabling clients to meet their regulatory obligations in a practical and cost-efficient manner.